Lab Support Specialist
ResponsibilitiesLocation Ontario, OntarioCA Job ID REQ-050417
- Pick up and deliver glassware, biologically contaminated reusable glassware, and plastic ware.
- Observe the established procedures for the handling and transporting of glassware and contaminated items.
- Operate glassware washers, dry heat sterilizers, ultrasonic baths, and incubators.
- Prepare items for sanitization including glassware, caps and related articles, employing procedural steps during the process.
- Inspect glassware for cleanliness and structural defects.
- Routinely checks inventory of glassware, notifying Lead of deficiencies.
- Provide housekeeping of glassware processing areas.
- Follow all procedures in performing all aspects of glassware processing.
- Perform monthly de-scale and challenging of biological indicators.
- Use Good Documentation Practices (GDP) for all paperwork.
- Observe all safety precautions and is proactive in raising safety concerns.
- Complete all required trainings in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-2 years working in a laboratory environment
- Glass wash experience
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Demonstrates appropriate use of relevant equipment after training
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment.
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include: Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Sit or stand 2-3 hours in laboratory areas. Walk 2-3 hours within a facility.
- Office work activities, including keyboard, with fingers/hands/arms up to 4 hours.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."