Lab Computing Analyst
Boston, Massachusetts | Cambridge, Massachusetts
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID REQ-050392
- Implements, monitors, and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Windows based platform
- Conduct and maintain inventories of client systems
- Support of the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, instrument-controlled software, core desktop applications and imagining of computers
- Manage On-boarding, retirement, and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for instrument vendor
- Repairing and troubleshooting instrument related computers and escalating issues to the client infrastructure teams
- Provides technical support for new system validations and change management efforts
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software, and any other information specified by the client
- Submit weekly Engineer reports to the team lead by COB on the last business day of the week
- Acts as client Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Participate in client team meetings
- Provides support across all PerkinElmer Enterprise practices as required
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or technology industry experience and 2+ years of relevant experience OR
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies including Microsoft Office, networking, remote computing and backup systems
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Experience in Life Science environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will require regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."