Director, Value Creation
ResponsibilitiesLocation Remote, NL Job ID REQ-050391
PerkinElmer is seeking a Director, Value Creation (AES Division) for the newly established Value Creation Office (VCO) directly underneath the Chief Executive Officer (AES Division). This role will report to the Chief of Staff to CEO / Head of Value Creation Office (AES Division) and be responsible for driving major operational improvement and growth initiatives in close partnership with the members of the C-suite and other business leaders.
Director, Value Creation (AES Division) will lead one or several workstreams in the VCO that encompass major operational improvement and growth initiatives in a specific business or functional area that improve efficiency, increase revenue, and reduce costs. It is expected that this person will have a “T-shaped” expertise profile, with both a deep level of knowledge and experience in one or multiple functional areas, and an ability to act as a versatile athlete to support value creation activities across the full spectrum of business priorities. The role will require a self-propelled entrepreneur with a laser-like execution focus who can drive the planning and implementation of improvements from start to finish and support the organization with bringing them over the finish line with minimal supervision. This person will:
- Develop workplans that represent shortest path to successful outcomes while accounting for and mitigating constraints
- Collaborate effectively with the rest of the organization to identify and involve necessary resources in driving the improvements
- Collect and analyze data to understand root causes of performance below full potential, benchmark efficiency and effectiveness, and set improvement targets
- Bring deep functional knowledge and expertise to design solutions and implement new processes, tools, and ways of working to achieve target business outcomes
- Frame up strategic decisions for senior company leadership in partnership with the relevant stakeholders
- Create and own tracking and reporting mechanisms within VCO governance structure to monitor initiative value delivery and take corrective actions if required
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business leaders in relevant areas, serving as a trusted partner to help them deliver on performance targets and ambitious growth objectives
- Contribute to VCO team’s professional development by providing coaching, mentorship, and creating step-up opportunities for other team members
- Identify new value creation opportunities across the business that may fit in the Value Creation Office framework, integrate them into new or existing workstreams, and drive execution
- Manage Transition Services Agreements (TSAs), including setting up and leading governance processes, tracking costing and invoicing, supporting business in TSA exit activities, and preparing and executing TSA roll-offs
- Contribute to M&A strategy by supporting deal team and company leadership in driving due diligence, deal execution and post-merger integration of acquired companies
- Manage external advisors, including consulting firms, individual consultants, law firms and others
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance (or a related field).
- Minimum ten years of work experience, including at least five to seven years of driving operational value creation initiatives with demonstrated bottom line impact.
- Experience driving enterprise-wide transformations or functional operational improvement programs as a leader with a prominent consulting firm preferred
- Advanced graduate degree (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.); Master of Business Administration degree preferred
- Hands-on experience driving value across one or more of the following areas: sales & marketing, manufacturing operations, service operations, R&D, supply chain and logistics, sourcing and procurement, real estate, human resources, other support functions, or other business areas
- Experience in mid-cap ($1 to $5 billion revenue) company space is a plus, as is experience with analytical and scientific instruments, and/or laboratory environments and solutions
- Ability to design, structure and deliver performance improvement initiatives with strong quantified effect on operational KPIs and verified bottom line impact
- Distinctive record of managerial and professional achievement and impact
- High ownership, strong motivation, low ego, no-nonsense attitude; ability to balance multiple competing priorities and projects
- Excellent prioritization skills and “nose for value” that focuses efforts on the highest ROI work
- Experience working in a PE-owned company as an employee or serving PE-owned companies as a consultant on value creation programs preferred
- Exposure to international cultures and ability to navigate and find common ground with different working styles
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."