IT Support Engineer
Llantrisant United Kingdom
ResponsibilitiesLocation Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon TaffGB Job ID REQ-050263
The IT Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the PerkinElmer Llantrisant site of about 80 employees for all things IT. This resource will support end users from a deskside perspective but more importantly they will be responsible for custom onsite applications for manufacturing.
They will need to cross train with the legacy resource to gain critical application knowledge for support post TSA exit.
They will then work with the DevOps team on a plan to migrate apps to a cloud provider and support.
This is a 12 month contract. Occasional travel to our office in Seer Green, Buckinghamshire, required.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications (Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Android, iOS)
- As part of the UK commercial organization support team, assist all our users with any IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- Interacting and working alongside Level 1 Service Desk as required
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners
- To maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- To communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all staff in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Experience with all End User Microsoft products.
- End user support and soft skills – in person and over phone
- Basic network troubleshooting skills – ping, traceroute, etc…
Basic Qualification: (Required Education & Experience)
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in relevant subject
- Good knowledge around IT infrastructure and networks
- Experience as a deskside support specialist 3 – 5 years
- SAP manufacturing modules
- Preferred experience with basic DB technologies – 2-3 years
- Experience working and talking directly to end users – 3-5 years
- Experience walking end users through troubleshooting steps over phone – 3-5 years
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."