ResponsibilitiesLocation Thane West, MaharashtraIN Job ID JR-034938
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze formal Requests for Proposal (RFP) within assigned territory: identify contract requirements, prerequisites, areas of liability and cost concerns, and discuss contract provisions as needed with other corporate functions.
- Facilitate completion of RFP responses.
- Review and negotiate variations to the Company’s standard terms and conditions offered by customers.
- Communicate and coordinate with, as well as provide guidance to, the Company’s sales and service teams to conclude commercial transactions.
- Communicate and coordinate with legal, finance and other functions as needed to support the contract process.
- Administer complex contract relationships (e.g., governmental, educational, major account, etc.).
- Work collaboratively and supportively with other members of the Contracts team.
- Communicate the Company’s established policies and/or contracting guidelines.
- Ensure that the Company’s contracts serve the best interests of the Company and minimize the Company’s risk within the practical constraints of the individual transaction.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Solid understanding of basic contract law principles and provisions, such as indemnification, limitations of liability, warranty and intellectual property.
- Ability to effectively negotiate, persuade and offer creative solutions to reach mutually acceptable compromise positions.
- Customer-focused and solutions-oriented approach to delivering contract management services to internal and external customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with an ability to craft and deliver clear and concise communications.
- Ability to analyze and develop strategies and tactics to achieve positive results; deconstruct proffered negotiation positions to understand motivations and possible alternative solutions.
- Ability to make cost effective time management decisions to enable prioritization of highest value work.
- Ability to work independently; a self-starter with good problem-solving skills and a client service focus.
- MS Word and XLS skills. SAP, Diver and/or data warehouse experience a plus.
- United States FAR Clause experience a plus
- Fluent in English.
Education and Work Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
- 5+ years of contract drafting/negotiation/administration experience required.
- Prior experience collaborating with U.S. or similar global team advantageous.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."