Head of DevOps
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID REQ-050261
- Develop and maintain the CI/CD build stack for internal Infrastructure and Development teams
- Continually improve the onboarding, adoption and time to consumption by writing and developing automation routines pulling the DevOps tooling into a transparent service offering
- Create reporting modules and dashboards on CI/CD usage, audits, deployment status and queue management
- Actively work with Development, Operations and QA on issues and gaps solution design and implementation
- Build solutions and basic dashboards with standard full-stack webapp tiers (LAMP, MEAN— that is, Linux, Apache, Nginx, Perl/PHP, Node/Express, Mongo/MySQL).
- Contributes to platform specification and design of next generation tooling and orchestration engines
- Exploiting cloud technologies to their full potential. You know how to navigate Amazon Web Services and how to use their services.
- You know what RESTful APIs are and can disambiguate between a 200, or 201 request, name and know GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.
- Understanding what it means to be effective first and efficient second.
- Communicate complex ideas and concepts in a clear and articulate manner.
- You understand what minimum viable product means and can deliver incrementally and fast with quality.
- Challenging the status quo in a collaborative fashion and be willing abandon efforts and directions that aren’t paying off. Test and Learn is second nature to you.
Experience with the following Cloud specific functions:
- Account provisioning
- VPC setup & management
- AMI management and distribution
- Security Groups
- Naming / Tagging standards
- CloudTrail, Transit Gateway, Control Tower, Cloud Watch, Cloud Health
- Key management
- Secret standards
- Role Based Access Control implementation and management.
Basic Qualification: (Required Education & Experience)
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in automation, engineering and operations
- 5 years’ in creating and consuming web services.
- Cloud Suite and Services such as Amazon Web Services
- Bachelor's degree in business or information systems.
- 5+ years’ experience managing cloud environments, AWS preferred. (EC2 instances, ELB’s, Route 53, Cloud Watch etc.….
- 5+ years’ experience scripting with Python and BASH.
- 5+ years’ experience with some of the following Cloud automation tools:
- Kubernetes & supporting technologies (e.g. Etcd, flanneld)
- Puppet / Foreman, Chef
Challenging the status quo in a collaborative fashion and be willing abandon efforts and directions that aren’t paying off. Test and Learn is second nature to you.
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."