Head of End User Computing & Engineering (REMOTE)
Boston, Massachusetts | Annapolis, Maryland | Atlanta, Georgia | Columbus, Ohio | Dover, Delaware | Harrisburg, Pennsylvania | Hartford, Connecticut | Raleigh, North Carolina | Tallahassee, Florida | Trenton, New Jersey | Washington, DC
ResponsibilitiesLocation Boston, MassachusettsUS Job ID REQ-050112
The Head of End User Computing and Engineering is responsible for all aspects of PerkinElmer’s End-User Support, Engineering and Service Desk functions. This role will also own delivering predictable, reliable and stable desk-side / end point computing services and overall end-user support via the PerkinElmer IT Service Desk throughout the corporate office and field locations. The role includes overall responsibility for providing the core equipment required to make a user’s desk functional; this includes phone, remote access, customer satisfaction, standard productivity applications, desktop/laptop hardware, images, maintenance and peripherals.
- Lead the End User Computing team consisting of Service Desk, Systems Engineering & Automation, Critical Business Field Services and IT Support/Sales Services.
- Manage day to day operational activities of the end point computing, audio visual and end user training services.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the operating environment.
- Manage physical end user IT asset re-location services.
- Oversee the performance of the Service Desk and assure that it is managed and monitored.
- Assist the overall IT organization in performing problem management duties such as identifying recurring application and infrastructure incidents. This includes the communication of identified problems to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage direct staff members to help facilitate the end user’s ability to perform their work from any location.
- Ensure relevant performance management activities such as measurement of Service Level Agreements are performed.
- Deep familiarity with key technology platforms and how they can impact business scalability. Ensures I&T capabilities are delivered reliably, sustainably, cost effectively and securely. Ensures the end user computing contributions are delivered with agility based on changing business objectives, goals and strategies.
- Stay current on new and emerging technologies and platforms. Provides recommendations on what future technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced within PerkinElmer to ensure end user computing capabilities respond to the needs of our digital business strategy.
- Where appropriate, participate in negotiate or re-negotiate contracts with vendors and professional services providers.
- Improve communication and collaboration throughout the organization allowing technology and systems to be facilitators of collaboration.
- Develop, secure stakeholder buy-in, and implement an end user computing vision as PerkinElmer embarks on a digital transformation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Expert skill level with Microsoft products O365, Autopilot, Active Directory (AD, AAD), SCCM, JAMF, Intune, Azure and Azure files, AVD (Azure Virtual Desktop), End point automation, end user onboarding. Zero Trust solutions such a ZScaler Private Access, single sign on technologies, MFA, and mobile device support, HAM and SAM.
- Microsoft licensing experience
- Proven internal and external influencing skills at senior and executive management levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate and instill confidence with peers and all key stakeholders.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT workforce.
Basic Qualification: (Required Education & Experience)
- 15+ years with related End-User Computing and or Service Desk management or lead experience
- 5+ years IT leadership experience, ideally at a global, manufacturing company leading teams of similar scale
- 7+ years experience of contributing to the success of a range of midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality, building a team-oriented, collaborative environment, and creating business cases and managing budgets.
- Should have 5+ years previous experience implementing a successful “Voice of the Customer” program and possess the ability to engage end users to help improve end user experience.
- Should have 5+ years previous experience managing vendors and outsourced offshore resources.
- Should have knowledge and some experience with Service Now, Service Now Agent Workspace, AWS Connect. (Chat and Virtual agent experience a plus)
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management stakeholders.
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading large, complex and or transformational initiatives in dynamic environments and taking advantage of digital opportunities to innovate business models and enable the digitalization of the business.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate vision that inspires and motivates staff.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business.
- Ability to manage geographically diverse teams and overcome the culture clashes that may arise.
- Ability to drive organizational change and build capabilities that effectively balance the needs for continuously exploiting capabilities to optimize operational efficiency, with delivering innovative and agile IT solutions to enable the business to explore digital business opportunities.
- Must be able to remains in a stationary position more than 25% of the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Featured JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
"PerkinElmer is committed to making the world a better place, from helping improve the environment to the health of people around the world. It is a company with strong values."
"Helping PerkinElmer save over 70 babies a day gives me a sense of pride and purpose."